Are massage chairs good for you? There has been a great deal of research into massage therapy and its benefits, and if you have a massage chair of your own, you can enjoy them on a daily basis. Discover the many physical and mental benefits of massage below.
- Release of stress and total relaxation - It's pretty common to fall asleep while using your own chair!
- Loosening of tightness and stiffness in your muscles - you may feel like a limp rag doll when you finish your new massage chair session.
- Lymph and blood flow improvement - Lymph and blood work together to get harmful toxins out of the body. When the muscles are worked intensely, the result is better lymph and blood flow with more toxins flushed from your body. This process can normalize your blood pressure, as well!
- More optimal healing - By increasing your body's blood flow, you are sending more oxygen to your tissues. Since oxygen is essential to healing, you will see any areas of concern healing much faster.
- Fewer muscle spasms - Perhaps you already know how great your muscles feel after a massage with a licensed massage therapist. Knots and spasms disappear, along with stiff and tight muscles. This is the experience you can expect with your own massage recliner..
- Improved flexibility - Massage is relaxing. It will allow you to move about more freely. You can test yourself by a simple exercise like touching your toes before your massage recliner session and again when you finish. You may be surprised at the dramatic improvement in movement.
- Raise your endorphins - Your own body produces pain relievers naturally. Three very effective ways to raise your endorphin levels are to use massage, chiropractic manipulation, or exercise.
- Better breathing is possible - Your breathing can be restricted by tight muscles around your ribs without your realizing it. Your massage recliner will work those muscles that have been keeping you from breathing deeply. After a session on your chair, test yourself with a deep breath. You may be surprised at how improved your breathing has become.
- Lessened neck and back pain - Tight muscles cause many of the aches and pains in your body. By using your massage recliner to relax those muscles you will find many painful areas resolving almost magically. This can lead to...
- Better, more correct posture - In response to pain, many musculo-skeletal pain sufferers end up with poor posture. The posture a person assumes unconsciously to avoid pain adversely affects all the surrounding muscles, bones, and ligaments. Regular use of your new massage chair will gradually improve your posture. Even after one session you will notice that you are more flexible and standing straighter.
- Degenerative arthritis prevention - By placing more pressure abnormally on portions of the body through poor posture, degenerative arthritis can result. The force of gravity on areas that are not designed for such pressure begins to adversely affect the bones. By using your chair, you will enjoy fewer aches and pains, especially if you are over 40 years of age. The sessions will help you get your body back into the position it was designed to perform in.
- Sense of well-being - By enjoying the changes that come from relaxed muscles, higher endorphin levels, and increased blood and lymph flow, you will feel like a new person. With improved posture you will even look younger and experience a new glow. Your whole life can be improved by regular use of your massage recliner.